30 Paintings in 30*** Days











My inspiration for Daily Painting #1 .  I saw this flower this morning. My inspiration for Daily Painting #1 .  I saw this flower this morning.  The gloomy weather only intensified the incredible colors. 







Daily paintings will be 6"x6"x1" cradled board with painted edges.  
WOW...quite a change!
Have you heard of this movement called Daily Painting?  

Several years ago a movement started where artists paint a small painting every day and post it online to sell.  Well, that movement has grown and now there are several websites to post these paintings links to purchase (often via auction).  I've been thinking about doing this for awhile and the the timing seems right at the moment.  Why would I do this?  Well, for one, it's practice.  Sometimes my big paintings take a long time to finish...they can be unpredictable and sometimes I paint to the point where I lose what I like about the earlier stages of a painting.  With the daily painting challenge, I have to finish quickly.  It is also a great way to increase my reach...get more work in the hands of more people.  I also like the idea of getting really comfortable painting at many sizes (the bigger the canvas, the more comfortable I am) Because I will be doing so many paintings, I imagine I will do several of the same subject which will also be great practice and force me to stretch and try new methods.  Plus, I like a challenge and this one seemed fun.  And why not?

So, my challenge will be 30 paintings in 30 days ***  (***or 30 ish days if I'm going to be realistic).  

If you would like to receive an email each time I post a new painting, please sign up to the right. 
You can opt out of these emails at any time.  I will be putting these up for auction here with a link to a website dailypaintworks.com.   Do you like my work?  Do you think one of your friends or followers might like it?  I would really appreciate any social media sharing, tweeting, pinning, etc!  Thank you!!!

READY.  SET.  GO!


Comments

Popular Posts