A Better Cup of Tea (aka you should see this show!)


 
detail of an installation by artist, Christiane Corcelle



another work by artist, Christiane Corcelle


Now on exhibit in the gallery at ArtSpace Maynard "A Better Cup of Tea", a show by Belmont artist, Christiane Corcelle  

I really enjoyed this show! Upon entering the gallery, the large installation (see top picture) drew me in with it's brightly colored squares. I could tell I wanted to see this up close.  Upon closer inspection, I was delighted at what I discovered.  I don't want to ruin all the surprises, but the artist, Christiane Corcelle, has gone into lots of work to explore and make several varied works out of tea bags and their packaging.  Her printmaking background is evident in several pieces.  Even if coffee is more your thing, come and see this show.  The bright colors not your cup of tea? You will be delighted by some of her more earthly toned pieces using the remnants of the actually tea bags which take on a look of artifacts.  I really enjoyed Christiane's creativity, craftsmanship and attention to detail.  
 
You can learn more about Belmont artist Christiane Corcelle here.

The show runs from October 8-31, 2014 with an opening reception Saturday, October 11th from 5-7pm which runs in conjunction with "Second Saturdays" at ArtSpace Maynard (mini open studios 4-6pm with a selection of studios open to the public).  

For more information about this show (including hours for the gallery) click here and for the calendar upcoming events at ArtSpace Maynard click here.




Comments

Popular Posts