Vincent Van Gogh and Hope



I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of the stars makes me dream - Vincent Van Gogh

A dear friend brought this quote to my attention recently.  It is great on so many levels.  This week I will reread it to remind myself: 
  • to be present (perhaps this is a good week to attempt my dream of daily meditation   (5 minutes a day seems reasonable, right?) 
  • to believe in hope
This quote reminds me of one of my favorite motivational speakers, Brene Brown.  She says one of the greatest gifts you can give your kids is HOPE.  You can see her Ted talk on the power of vulnerability here. I would agree.  With hope you can believe in yourself and the world. You can believe you can be a painter or beat cancer. 

With hope, what can you believe?


Comments

elizabeth said…
I've never tried to meditate and I'm not sure I can - I've never been able to shut things down like that. it's kind of the same reason I've never enjoyed getting a massage. I know, I'm weird.
I totally relate! I only go for a massage if I'm in pain and I don't relax or "enjoy" it. That's why I'm going to try this 5 minutes a day meditation thing. Today I managed 4 minutes and 20 seconds.

Popular Posts